Comment 9- Rowing, handball, waterpolo, football... medals for Spain at the Olympics!!!



  Since I was little, I liked watching the Olympic Games with my grandfather, even in the years that there weren´t, we liked to watch old videos of other competitions. My favourite sport is swimming, so it's the one that I enjoy watching the most. My grandfather doesn't understand much of this sport, so I always explain some interesting things to him while the swimmers compete.

The same thing happens to me with football. I really like watching it, but only if there is someone who explains the match to me because I don´t understand it. And my grandfather always does. This year, Spain got a silver medal because Brazil beat them. Brazil got again the gold medal as in the last Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2016. Unfortunately, in swimming, there wasn´t so much luck... Spain didn´t get any medals, although Mireia Belmonte was 4th in the 400 styles competition.


However, we were able to enjoy a great moment in one of the races of this sport… In the 200 m breaststroke competition, the South African swimmer Tatjana Schoenmaker won and also broke the world record. The shocking but fascinating thing was the reaction of her and that of her partners when they realized this; four embracing women celebrating the achievement of one of them, the graphic definition of sisterhood. Perhaps this has been the best moment for me even though Schoenmaker isn´t Spanish.


Also, Alberto Ginés, a man of 18 years, has achieved the gold medal in climbing. It´s awesome that someone so young achieves such success. To be able to compete in the Olympic games you need to be so mature since it´s something very hard both physically and psychologically. Alberto Ginés is a clear example that maturity doesn´t come from age.

Comentarios

Entradas populares