Comment 20- Are we a chain of fools?

 

 Are we a chain of fools?

    When I was little, I really liked Fools´ day because in “Menuda Noche”, a program on the Canal Sur, they made special episodes in which they made jokes on famous people such as actors, singers or tv presenters. I had a lot of fun because I used to think that they were really dumb for believing those jokes.

    It´s not a day that is usually celebrated in Spain, but some funny jokes are usually made among relatives or friends. I like jokes, but I can't do them because I always laugh and spoil them, so when my friends want to make a joke, they always make it on me. Also, I get scared very very easily so they give me a lot of scares to make me scream.

    It´s true that sometimes we seem stupid, and with this situation we are showing it. No one should skip the curfew or restrictions, or have big parties where there are large gatherings. Finally, if there is another outbreak, it will harm us all, and I think we all agree that we don´t want that to happen and we want everything to return to normality as soon as possible.

    Aretha Franklin expresses a clear heartbreak in her song “Chain of fools”. She feels betrayed and disappointed, specifically like a fool, as the title says. She was idealizing a man who later turned out not to love her as much as she thought. It's a beautiful song, and also, Aretha has a great voice so it makes it even more special.

Comentarios

Entradas populares