Comment 10- SUPER-GRANDPARENTS!!

 

                                  SUPER-GRANDPARENTS!!


Maybe, if you ask any child who is the most important person to him, he will answer: "my grandparents". For me too, although I´m closer to my maternal grandfather because I grew up with him.


In fact, he is the most important person for me, my grandfather Pepe. I don't think I'll ever be able to love someone in the way I love him.

He is the person that I admire the most in the world, I have spent all my luck having him.

When I was little, I always thought that all my friends envied me for having such a cool grandfather like him, and I understand them…

I love cooking with him. Our favourite recipe is “cazuela serrana”, a typical dish from Lanjarón. I have never heard anyone speak badly of him. I have only heard good words.

When my parents worked and couldn't take care of my sister or me, we went to the countryside with my grandfather and we always had a lot of fun with him. We helped him taking care of the animals, or with the orchard, or played cards. I loved when he told me stories from the past, they were really interesting.


My other grandfather, who also called Pepe, was a painter, but not a painter like Picasso or Goya. He painted houses. He was well known in my town because he was the best at his job. People loved him so much, and although he loved painting, his true passion was cinema. My grandfather worked at the cinema, and he always told me some anecdotes about his job, and we talked about films for hours. My favourite film is “Cinema Paradiso”, and we always watched it together. I remember him a lot when I see it.

From my paternal grandfather, my best memory are those rainy days in which we ate crumbs with fish, and fritters with chocolate in the afternoon.


Grandparents, unfortunately, aren´t forever. We should value the moments with them because they are unique. They are our real treasure.

Comentarios

Entradas populares